Main point is not to think to much about SEO and focus more on building an easy to useand build trust with potential customers.
A few things that matters:
- Try to make sure that you have a detailed "About us" page
- Display your shipping costs early on i.e. Homepage
- Display your returns policy
- Use a one page cart
- Install an abandoned cart App
- Install a live chat App
- Build a strong social media presence
- Update your Blog at least once every two weeks
- Get rid of any duplication. Make sure you write all your own product descriptions. Dont use the product description everyone else uses. Use http://www.copyscape.com/ to check the copies of your websites content.
SEO comes down to these three essentials:
- Technique of your store
- External factors
- On-page factors
The technique is mostly handled by Shopify so I wouldn't worry to much about that. There are some basic things you need to check like; does my shop has ssl? if so do you handle redirects. If you are not technical you can have a consultant take a look at it and make sure your website is up to the best SEO standards.
These ranking factors influence your store but are external. If you have ever heard of terms like: backlinks, social media influence etc. These are external factors. Google suggests getting backlinks (links from other websites to your store) on a natural basis. You could try getting backlinks by contacting blogs / experts etc. for product reviews or unique contests. Just don't overdo it, you can easily do this yourself and that is often the best for building good relationships with other (blog) businessess.
The last factor that you as a store owner can control the most are the on-page factors. On-page includes: the content, meta description, meta title, image names, images al texts, internal links, etc.
The best way to do on-page optimization by the next simplified plan:
- Log-in AdWords and use the keyword tool to find keywords with interesting search volume and not to much competition
- Optimize your content for that keyword