Tags are a very handy tool to sort products, especially on the collection page. They are also the ones who influence on the range of items that is being displayed for the user. So you need to be careful and thoughtful defining tags for each of your products.
What you should know about tags as an owner of an online shop that they bind recipes from the blog with the product in Foodly theme. This is the way how you can display particular recipe for a certain product.
Here are our recommendations how to name tags:
- the best tag is one descriptive word
- the tag name should be in singular form
- tags which bind products must be the same in all binding products (for example, vegetable, sale, fresh)
Examples of bad and good tags:
tomato, vegetable, red, fresh, vitamin A, vitamin B, mineral Ca, harvest 2014, sale
Campari Tomatoes, awesome product, CT, 2014, great product with the best price
To add a new tag, please follow the instruction below:
- Open the product or add a new product
- In the right sidebar 'Organization', type tag name in 'Tags' input and click 'Add your product type' or type a comma after the tag name. All tags for the current product are displayed below the 'Tag' field
- Save changes
You may find some extra info how to work with tags from Shopify help guide.
If you have any suggestions on this matter don't hesitate and leave your thoughts in the comments bellow 📬. If there are any questions regarding your own store please submit a support request 🚑