Foodly Shopify theme has Instagram feed available as a section within footer area. It looks like this 👇
To have your Instagram feed work properly, two things are required:
- Instagram API access token
- Instagram User ID
These two parameters are available to edit in Shopify admin in Online Store > Customize > Theme Settings > Social accounts > Instagram Settings
Instagram API access token
This bunch of digits is generated automatically by the third-party token generator with three easy steps:
- Click on 'Generate Access Token'
- Type in username and password to login to your Instagram account
- Copy just generated token
In case you have multiple Instagram accounts, there is an important thing to remember about access token generator — you need to log in with an Instagram account that you want to be displayed as a feed in Foodly theme.
Instagram User ID
Here's an external resource to generate your User ID in a quick 3-step process just using a URL to one of your Instagram posts.
- View your Instagram profile
- Right-click on one of your images and select 'Copy Link'
- Paste that link into the input field here
An alternative way to get User ID
There is an advanced way to get Instagram User ID that may fit for tech-savvy users, like developers, in case the third-party resource won't be available.
- Log in to your Instagram account
- Use Google dev tools in Chrome browser (F12 on Windows; ⌥+⌘+i on OS X)
- Go to Application tab
- Click Cookies in the sidebar
- Find ds_user_id in the table on the right and copy its value
Now when you have both user ID and access token paste them in the fields of 'Instagram Settings' block of Shopify theme editor respectively. After that hit 'Save' button in the top right corner to have the changes applied.
* * *
If you have any suggestions on this matter don't hesitate and leave your thoughts in the comments below 📬. If there are any questions regarding your own store please submit a support request 🚑